Friday, 13 July 2012

About me

I have a certificate in proofreading and copy-editing from Chapterhouse Publishing, and I am also a published author (traditional and self-published) of historical fiction, so I have firsthand experience of the entire process from initial inspiration to early drafts, editing, publication and beyond. I understand how important a piece of writing can be, both to its author on a personal level and as a means of reaching an audience, and I enjoy working with writers to bring out the best in their ideas.

My areas of particular knowledge and experience include:
  • History (particularly Victorian and Edwardian)
  • Writing and publishing
  • Veganism and vegetarianism
  • Animal care and veterinary medicine
  • Asperger's Syndrome and other autistic spectrum conditions
  • Body modification (tattooing, piercing etc)
  • The environment and 'green living'